Monday, July 2, 2007

What a Wonderful Day!

I was surprised when I open my yahoo account this morning… It was my long time wish to receive a note from a very dear friend Dave, whom I mentioned in my previous blog.
Actually, it’s more than a decade and we don't communicate at all.


Everytime I went on vacation, I was hoping to see them, but it didn’t happen.

I hurriedly call Dave pero it took me a while para makausap siya….

Kahit hindi pa niya sinasagot ang phone , I was amused to hear his answering back tone.. It goes like this…. You are calling the “gorgeous” supermodel.. I’m sorry but he is busy in the pictorial…. If you want to leave a message press 1 if you want to set an appointment press 2…
Ha..ha.ha..ha.. as usual ganoon pa rin si Dave…star na star pa rin!!

I texted him.. and It took a while bago siya mag text back… kagigising lang daw niya… so I call him immediately…

…. Kumustahan… exchanging stories tungkol sa life niya at tungkol din sa akin dito… I asked him also about other friends…. About Allan….and I am happy to know na everything is well… Nabasa pala niya ang mga revelations ko.. including the one I wrote about him….He promised to give me Allan's mobile no.

Almost 10 minutes kaming nag-usap… and I promise na madalas ko na siyang tatawagan.

Hours after, Dave fulfilled his promise and gave me Allan’s no. but before he send Allan’s contact, I received a surprised message from +6390623xxxxx “Hello, Kumusta ka na?”….

I was in bed watching TV Patrol Live and I immediately check my N70 if I have enough load to call the sender. Sadly, it will only be enough for a-minute call. I can’t go out to buy recharge card from the store coz I cannot endure the scorching temperature (50C!) outside. So I immediately call my “provider”.. Without any question asked, he transferred me 100 S.R. charge. (That’s how bighearted he is to me…hindi niya ako puwedeng tanggihan!). “Salam Habibi….fi load? Ana ibwa miya riyal sura-sura..… Ma-asaalam…habibi…(mahina kasi sa English!).

In few seconds, nai-transfer niya sa mobile no. ko….


Malakas ang kutob ko si Allan ang sender. With all the excitement and enthusiasm, I dialed the no…....may sumagot kaagad “Hello”…..?

then i replied “H-Hi, kumusta na?.... naalala mo pa ba ako?”

“Sino ‘to?’……

A-Ako si……….”.. that was the start of our conversation…..

It was a total relief to hear his voice…. For almost 10 years na di kami nagkita at walang communication, tila ang dami kong dapat sabihin…ang dami kong dapat i-kuwento…. But then lahat ata na nasabi ko ay pangungumusta sa kalagayan niya…. Kung ano na ang latest sa kanya…. ang trabaho niya.... ang mama niya.... at tungkol sa mga nangyari sa kanya for the past years…

I was so thankful to hear great improvement sa kanya…. All the worries na iniisip ko noong bago ako umalis about his future ay biglang naglaho… He survived productively at sa tingin ko, naging learning experience na lang ang lahat…Now he’s studying and I wish him na sana makatapos siya ng pag-aaral at maging successful siya.

After we talked, I browse his friendster account to see his latest pictures. Doon ko nakita evidently na talagang maayos na ang kalagayan niya…. At doon ko rin nakita na…. cute pa rin siya!!

I thank God before I take a nap for these great surprises!!

I know Allan will have a chance to read this, and I want to tell him… MASHALA…SALAM ALAIKUM..till we meet again!!

No comments: