Monday, July 9, 2007

Week-end at the Embassy


Cyndy dela Cruz jammed with Ryan Comandante for the opening number "Bring Me To Life"

Dapat sana may badminton session kami last Thursday night, but Jeff, of Asosayon ng mga Pilipinong Mang-aawit, requested me to make some video clips for their show “Awit Alay Kay Kabayan” on Friday, which a musical show featuring the Riyadh most sought singers, like our original “alagas” – Cyndy dela Cruz, Kenneth Sawyer and his brother, Kervin Sawyer, who just arrive after competing from Pinoy Pop Superstar World Challenge in Manila, Chris Luzana, and of course Vanessa Santiago, the present LG Pop Quest Grand Champion in Riyadh.


Vanessa Santiago, Chris Luzana and Pinoy Pop Superstar WC Kervin Sawyer

Actually, lahat ata ng magagaling dito sa Riyadh, grupo namin ang nag discover.

So I have to adjust my time. As usual, I asked Papa Chris to come para mag-recording kami.. I told him to come before 5pm para matapos ko ng maaga, coz’ if I have time, puwede pa akong makahabol sa badminton namin.

I started the video around 4pm, para pagdating ni Chris eh voice niya na lang ang ire-record namin.. pero almost 8pm na, wala pa rin siya…I have no choice but to cancel my badminton session at tapusin yong video clip. Yon pala dumiretso na sa kanilang practice dahil kasali siya sa show kinabukasan.

He arrived almost 10pm na…pero sandali lang yong voice recording niya… Almost 12 midnight na nabuo yong 1 clip.

Kinabukasan, I noticed na may time pa para gumawa pa ako ng isang presentation. So I got all the video materials from my files na puwedeng gamitin… Good, I have been able to keep videos of their previous shows in my video library..

Before noontime, nagawa ko yong second videoclip.

I went to the Philippine Embassy earlier para ipakita kay Jeff yong ginawa ko, at the same time, maayos din yong projector..

An hour before the show, everything is ready… Guests started to arrive, pero Jeff decided to start the show after the Magreb prayer dahil masyadong maliwanag pa

First to arrive are the Sawyers’ brother.. binalita sa akin ni Evelyn, their mother, about Kervin’s experience during the Pinoy Pop Superstar World Challenge Final. Ang sama daw ng loob nila sa naging result…Aminado siya na mahirap manalo si Kervin, pero obvious naman daw na di katanggap-tanggap ang naging result…Halata daw na deserving pa yong taga Dubai na manalo. She also revealed to me about some issues with the network na masyado kong kinabigla…Pero masaya niyang sinabi sa akin about Kervin’s achievements, at kailangan daw bumalik ni Kervin in three months time sa Manila dahil may napag-usapan ng daw na mag-hahandle ng singing career ni Kervin. Evelyn revealed to me something, which I cannot divulge right now dahil confidential.. Basta she assured na may chance si Kervin na sumikat yon nga lang ayaw na nila sa GMA…(Kaya nga never akong maging Kapuso, solid Kapamilya talaga ako)
Cyndy arrived in her best gown (green), as usual gawa ni Mamu Breajette… Vanessa arrived late pero in fairness, at her age 15, akala mo dalaga na..
Cyndy had 4 songs, Vanessa had 2 and Kervin and Kenneth have one each…


APM Star Kid Vimar Allan Tranquerido, Teen Heart trobs Kennet Sawyer and Teen Diva Cyndy dela Cruz

Gaya ng inaasahan, our ‘alagas’ did a very superb performance. Cyndy, who is improving day by day, is ready after her graduation to try her singing career qhile studying when she will be home next year. Actually, someone from a largest TV network in the Philippines had already promised to help her last year when she join the Middle East wide Singing Contest.

Cyndy dela Cruz' "Love Always Finds a Way"


Vanessa, on the other hand, will pursue her ambition to take her college degree in Music next year.

During the prayer time, I had a chance to roam around and see who are watching the show..

I saw this cute 6’ tall chinito guy, who happened to be with one of the performers that night. Actually, I was not able to take a chance to meet him, but when we went home, I got his name….Chris Tan!

More performances:

Cyndy dela Cruz & Ryan Comandante's "Bring Me To Life"
Ryan Comandante's "Gold"
12 yr-old Neribe Doloricon's "Immortal"
Neribe Doloricon's "Hot Stuff"
Pinoy Pop Superstar World Challenger Kervin Sawyer's "Smooth"
TFC Popstar Stephen Fuentes' "Without You"
Chris Luzana's "You Give Love a Bad Name"
15 yr-old Vanessa Santiago's "Skater Boy"
Vanessa Santiago's "How Do I Live"
Kenneth Thom Sawyer's "Here Without You"
Cyndy Dela Cruz' "Hindi Ko Kayang Iwan Ka"
APM Star Kid Vimar Allan Tranquerido's "Immortality"

No comments: